Staff Bios: Meet Sarah!

Next on the Who's Who at Camp Evergreen is Sarah, and that's me! I've been writing some of the blog posts this season. Weird to write about myself, but here it is!

Hometown: Rocky Mountain House, AB, but my current home is in Kelowna, BC

Age: The prime number that comes before the square of 5. (So, 23.)

Hobbies/Loves: I studied classical music (French horn) at university, and I love it! I also love learning about anything and everything; mostly math and languages and world history.

Why are you at camp? It's one way I can serve God at this time in my life. I also love the community of staff at camp, and being able to work with my friends.

What do you do at camp? Challenge Course (zipline) staff, but also everything from leading team-building activities to washing dishes to painting walls to clearing snow to hosting meals.

Favourite Bible verse: Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my feet." His word is like a lamp, not a huge flashlight or a street lamp. It lets me see as far as I need to in order to make my next step. God's been challenging me to trust him even though I can only see one step at a time!

If someone were to describe you in one or two words, what would they be? Helpful, reserved.

When you were five years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? I'm not sure, but at 11 I wanted to be an Olympic gymnast.

If you were a plant, what would you be? A snow-covered pine in Narnia.

What would your ultimate care package look like? Or maybe just your favourite chocolate bar? Caramilk for chocolate, but I would love a care package with Cheez Whiz, Oreos, warmer boots, and notes from my friends and family.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love you Sarah <3

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here