Ignite 2 - Bracelets that Bind us Together


The title to this week's camp blog really is inspired by the thousands of yards (quite literally) of embroidery thread that our campers have gone through this week. Sometimes I think we likely keep the thread business going with how much we (and every camp) must go through in two months.











The title doesn't just have to do with the bracelets that are made but something Dan talked about last night at campfire. He talked about our circles of friends who who we need to surround ourselves as we go home from camp. How we need to have friends around us that are holding us, centered in Jesus - helping us stand firm in the faith. We also talked about sin and the how God forgives us and how we can say yes to following Him.

There was ice cream/brownie socials, night games, Pro Skills, Jug 'n' Jog, and more amazing superhero costumes than you can shake a stick at. It was SO much fun!

Here are some of the testimonies from Campfire last night:

  • I don't have to be perfect for God to love me.
  • We just need to show Jesus' love to the world and not let anything stop you.
  • God will always love me no matter what.
  • I want to shine my life more than I have been doing.
  • There's always more to learn about God.
  • God loves everyone, even when they make mistakes. I'm glad I got to come here and learn.
  • I've decided I'm following Jesus for the rest of my life.

SO AWESOME! We've just had a blast hanging out with our Ignite 2 kids. Here's a set list from this last week's chapel:
  • We Are - Kari Jobe
  • Happy Day - Tim Hughes
  • Filled With Your Glory - Starfield
  • Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman
  • It Is Well - Bethel Music
  • How Great is Our God - Chris Tomlin
  • Pharoah Pharoah - Toby Sbrana
  • Romans 16:19 - Various
  • I've Got a River of Life
  • Meet Me in the River - Jon Buller

We've got one more week to go here at Evergreen. Pray for a strong finish for all of our staff!

Peace,
Jogee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter

welcome