Make Room for Ignite 1

It's been an amazing week!

Yes, yes - we say that every week but seriously - it's been a super week. And this week we had to enlarge our Fort Firering again. Isn't that awesome? Read about this really unique challenge we have here on our Reaching Higher Blog. Weather has been just perfect. No rain, not too smokey, and warm enough for our Creek Party and Field BBQ.

Could you ask for anything more? Well - there was also horseback riding, ziplining, climbing, paintball, artsy awesomeness, and wide games galore! Jug 'n' Jog, Ketchup to the Flag, Human Sized Clue, Pandemic just to name a few. We had one last chance this morning to go on some wagon rides, play on the Balance Beam, Leap of Faith, and Climbing Wall.

Brennan, our speaker for the week, from Dalhousie Church in Calgary shared stories from his own life and also about Moses throughout the week.

Testimonies from this week were especially cool. Here are something of the things that were shared in the cabins:
  • "It feels like I have 11 sisters now! Coming here I felt so alone, but not anymore."
  • "It's cool that this is a safe place to ask questions and learn more about God."
  • "I feel so much more now that I am loved and accepted for who I am. God does love me!"
  • "Through camp last year and this year, I've decided that I really want to work in ministry!"
  • "I learned how we can be the light of the world and love everyone."
I can't tell you how excited I get when I hear about campers who experience camp as a safe place - one where they make friends who are like sisters. Where camp can be a place where a passion to serve Jesus is born. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

Here's a list of the songs that we sang in chapel this week:
  • We Are - Kari Jobe
  • Every Move I Make - Hillsong Kids
  • Happy Day - Tim Hughes
  • Filled With Your Glory - Starfield
  • Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman
  • Pharoah Pharoah - Toby Dorann
  • Romans 16:19 - Various
Here is the URL for this week's video - it will be up by Monday, July 24th.
Here is the link: https://vimeopro.com/campevergreen/2017-ignite1

I hope and pray that all of the campers continue to shine their light as they go home, that camp isn't just the place they sing these songs, and that they are able to share the hope of Jesus to their friends.

Have a great rest of the summer Igniters and we'll see you next year!
Jogee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here