Camper Mail is coming your way!

That's right! Campers you have mail coming to you! Letters from your cabin leaders and brochures for this next summer. There's even a poster to hang up on your wall to remind you to dream sweet dreams about    Jug 'n' Jog for the next six and a half months.

Registration opens on January 4th, 2016!

In the spirit of camp brochures and looking forward to Summer Camp 2016 - here's what one camper (we'll call him Jeff*) had to say about Camp Evergreen during his week at Impact in 2015 and why he keeps coming back.

CE: Hey Jeff, how has your week been?
Jeff: It's great! Like, seriously awesome.

CE: When did you start coming to camp?
Jeff: I have been coming here since I was in grade four.
CE: Wow! Four! Why do you keep coming back?
Jeff: The people here keep me coming back. You know activity-wise there's always another zipline, right? So, it's not that special in a way - but what makes it special is the people. Like, Cam (Sunshine), my cabin leader, was with me since grade 4 and I remember all my leaders and most of them are still here. I just keep coming for the people. The staff are kind, they're fun, they're easy-going, and they are experienced.

CE: How has camp affected you at home?
Jeff: Camp has really affected my life in a spiritual way. It's really helped me. It makes learning so different and just a lot of fun. I really love coming here. It's one of the highlights of my summer.

CE: What reason would you give someone to convince them to come?
Jeff: Because the people are amazing. I bring my friend, Dave* every time to camp.
CE: Describe camp in one sentence.
Jeff: I would describe camp as well...camp! Meaning - automatically fun. But Evergreen is different than most camps because the people here are SO welcoming and kind.
CE: So you've been to other camps? What made you choose Evergreen?
Jeff: My mom told me one day that I had to choose one camp, and I choose Camp Evergreen without even thinking. A few years ago I had a cabin leader name Dylan (Fender), and we talked until 12am one night, and that's one of the reasons I keep coming back. Because he spent time with me and that meant a lot to me at the time.

I don't know if there's much more to say. Jeff really hits it home for us. In just
over six months, hundreds of kids will be coming to camp, having fun, and hanging out with us. We're so excited to spend time with each and every one of them. And we're hoping that YOU will be one of those campers.

See you in #summer16! Remember - registration opens on January 4th, 2016.

*Jeff and Dave's names have been changed to protect the privacy of our campers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here