The Great Dinosaur Adventure

I love our German Adventure Days. It's a time we carve out in our schedule to take our German volunteers on some kind of adventure as a way to say thank you or honour them for their service here at camp. It's like when we take them to the Coast.
Horseshoe Canyon
Yesterday we adventured to Drumheller which is one of my favourite places to go in Alberta. I love the Badlands and the Royal Tyrrell Museum. I also love learning new things - I get all these questions...like why is the museum called what it is? I know the Tyrrell part but why Royal...well - our Queen apparently visited the museum and it was renamed to the "Royal Tyrrell Museum". Who knew that our Queen dug dinosaurs!
Some pretty impressive acrobatics from Hanna, Mirjana, Miriam and Daniel!
We started out at Horseshoe Canyon which is the most amazing starting place. You can't see the canyon...even when you park facing it - it isn't until you get out that you see how cool it is. A collective "Oooooo - ahhhhh....WOW!" could be heard from the group.
We journeyed on to take pictures at the giant T-Rex in Drum (because who doesn't love that) and then onto the Royal Tyrrell before lunch. We had a lot of fun looking at the dino bones and taking some fun pictures. After lunch we drove out to spend some time climbing around the Hoodoos. It was such a beautiful day that we settled there for a bit to take in the uniqueness of the area (while Daniel and Hanna found some bigger hills to climb on, of course).

Can you find Daniel?

These days are always good reminders for me to stop and take a look around. I get busy some days worrying about work or trying to get from A to B and forget to look at how cool the world is that our Creator made. The details and awesomeness in what He created. Those moments like when the Germans "Ooooo'd and Ahhhh'd" at Horseshoe Canyon...I need to remember to stop and do that in my daily life. Like taking an extra moment to really look at the flowers in my garden or the fantastic gradation of the hills in the Drumheller area - I need to stop to take in the AMAZING world God created.

I often feel small when I start taking it in but even though creation is SO big and amazing - God didn't send his only Son for the trees or the landscape...He sent him for us - people. The ones He created in His own image. That thought is truly humbling. And today that's where I am at. Grateful for the world and the beauty that God created.

So today, go for a walk - look around and look for that "Ooooo-ahhhh" moment. It's there.but more than that - that He loved us enough to send Jesus to save us.




That's all for now,
Yogee



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter

welcome