A New Year


I've always liked the New Year.  As a kid it was the one night a year I could make an attempt to stay up till midnight!  More often than not I didn't quite make it. (on a side note I did make it to12:01this morning!)  If by chance I made it to midnight as a kid, I could rummage through moms cupboard, find the biggest pot and a wooden spoon, head out the front door and make as much noise as I could.  How fun is that?  In the middle of the night, running around acting like an idiot – legally!  I do remember breaking at least two spoons in the process.

I've never been very good at making or especially keeping New Years Resolutions.  I've tried eating healthy.  That typically lasts only a short time before having another Root Beer Float or “having” to finish all the Christmas baking.  How about exercising more?  Today is great.   Its only -3 and sunny.   But when its minus 40...somehow its hard to get out for a walk!  However I've always liked the concept of a “New Year.”  A new beginning, a fresh slate. Forgetting whatever mistakes have been made in the past and moving forward. An opportunity to change what we need to change.  No matter where we're at in our relationship with Christ, a new year is an opportunity to grow closer to Him. Its an opportunity to become more sensitive to His leading.  The sunshine and fresh snow this morning only add to that “newness”.



I'm very excited for 2014 here at Camp Evergreen.  Its another year in which we can be used by God to share His love with a world that so desperately needs Him.  Its another year in which we can be His instruments - to see lives changed by the power of Christ!  We expect our spring and fall seasons to be full of children and youth who may otherwise have no exposure to the Gospel.  We expect our summer to be full of campers, giving us the opportunity to clearly present the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We expect to continue to mentor our staff, developing much needed leaders for our churches.

We covet your prayers and your continued support, as together we serve a risen King in 2014.



We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.












Ranger (Bob)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter

welcome