Week 6 of Summer 2016

There you have it. We've closed out our sixth week at Evergreen and it was awesome. The weather was (mostly) cooperative and no matter what the sky handed us - we had a heap of fun.

Before I get into Ignite 2 - I wanted to take a moment to talk about our Interns. We have two different "phases" to training up young leaders before they start working as staff. The first phase is Pit Crew. A two week, fully immersive program for kids in Grade 9-10. They learn the "behind-the-scenes" and what it means to have a Servant Heart for God.

The second phase is a 6 week Internship. Thirteen young leaders joined us from our first week until the end of last week - each choosing an area of focus (cabin leading, barn, kitchen, A-Team, or A/V) to practice living out their passions and love for camp. It was amazing watching these young leaders grow in confidence and courage through the six weeks and we're very excited to see them back here next summer as full time staff.

On to Ignite 2 - From Collector's Choice to Jug 'n' Jog - these kids had us running all week long. As I've mentioned before - if the volume in the Dining Hall is any indication of the happiness level at camp - these kids LOVED their time at Evergreen.

Colton Willms from SunWest Christian Fellowship joined us as the speaker for the week. Each night Colton used illustrations and stories to talk to us about Remaining in God and how to be in relationship with him.

Rather than really explaining everything that Colton talked about - I actually want to let the Testimonies that the kids shared at the end of the week tell the story of Ignite 2. There are just some campfires that really stick out...this certainly was one of them:
  • I learned that there is a way to prove that God is real.
  • This week I learned how to read the Bible and it can bring me closer to God.
  • God loves me no matter what.
  • I didn't really believe in God but for the past week, I learned a lot more about God than I thought I would. I learned that God is good.
  • Pit Crew has taught me that there are different ways to serve God.
  • I had many, many doubts but I have a feeling that all of my doubts have disappeared.
  • I can always count on God and His love for me is unconditional.
  • This week I took that leap of faith (Colton's image of trusting God).

Even as I type those testimonies - I get goose bumps. It was seriously a great week. I hope when you read this - you know that you are loved by a REAL God who will never leave you and will always love you.

Before I sign off, here are the songs that we sang in Chapel:
  • You are Good - Bethel Music
  • Like a Lion - David Crowder Band
  • Furious - Jeremy Riddle
  • Your Love Never Fails - Chris Quilala
  • Relentless - Hillsong United
  • Happy Day - Tim Hughes
  • This is Amazing Grace - Phil Wickham
  • No Longer Slaves - Bethel Music
  • Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin
  • Great Are You Lord - All Sons and Daughters
  • From the Inside Out - Hillsong United
  • Forever - Kari Jobe
  • King of my Heart - Sarah McMillan

Our last full on-site week started today. Pray for us. Pray for our staff team to finish well. And lastly - pray that our Impact campers will hear the truth of who Jesus is and turn to Him. Thanks again for trusting your kids with us.

Until next week,

Jogee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here