Impact 2016 is in the Books
I could go on and on about all the things that we end up finding after 8 weeks of summer fun but you may just think I'm making it up (like a full "man" stuffed with sleeping bags up in the linen closet). You will just have to trust me that the Big Clean that happens on the last Friday after the last camp is an epic one.
Impact is our fullest week for programming and we really don't hold anything back. From midnight socials at the Archery Range (wings, ice cream floats, and more) to our famous Homemade Jam on Friday night - Impact is epic.
Sid Koop, from Kelowna and long time friend of Evergreen, had us laughing one moment and then asking hard questions the next. Make sure you check out his speaker clip on our Vimeo site.
Here are some of the Testimonies by kids:
- No matter what people say about me, I know it doesn't define who I am.
- I learned that I need to trust God always - not just when it's convenient.
- Don't be someone you're not.
- Good things will come to an end but Christ never will.
- We are made to serve others.
- I learned that He (God) will give me the joy and the peace that nothing else will.
- I learned more about creation, it broadened my perspective and it helped me believe in God.
Here are the worship songs we sang in chapels:
- You are Good - Bethel Music
- Like a Lion - David Crowder Band
- Furious - Jeremy Riddle
- Your Love Never Fails - Chris Quilala
- Relentless - Hillsong United
- Happy Day - Tim Hughes
- No Longer Slaves - Bethel Music
- This is Amazing Grace - Phil Wickham
- Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin
- Great Are You Lord - All Sons and Daughters
- From the Inside Out - Hillsong United
- Forever - Kari Jobe
- King of my Heart - Sarah McMillan
- Alive - Hillsong Young and Free
- Desert Song - Hillsong United