brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter


well the temperature doesn't look like it's going up anymore. i think that we have one day this next week that is double digits. YUCK. i am not looking forward to dealing with icy roads and snow. i just like to think about the YA HA TINDA (which is where we do our Adventure Camps - see the picture above...that's Big Horn Creek). i love the green grass and even drip drip drop. drip drip drop would not be a very good idea in the winter...no - definitely not a good idea. but i guess that there are always things that you can't do in the summer. so why don't you help me in listing things that you would love to do in the winter that you can't do (or atleast not very well) in the summer. here's a couple examples:
1. tobogganing sucks in the summer
2. although i've never tried it, i hear that ice skating outside doesn't work very well

so...let's poo poo summer a bit (maybe that will make me feel better about winter)...i look forward to your responses...

Comments

Anonymous said…
im suprized you didn't mention snowball fights...also "sitting in front of a fire sipping hot chocolate whilst reading 'calvin and hobbes' (or in your case "get fuzzy")and wrapping your self in a blanket" i think that would not be so fun in the summer
Anonymous said…
I like winter and summer. When it is summer sometimes you wish it was winter. When it is winter you wish it was summer. The one thing I like about winter is you can snowboard and stuff like that.

Alyssa
Anonymous said…
I like witer and summer. when it is summer I sometimes wish it was winter. In winter I wish it was summer.

When It is summer i can not wait to go to camp Evergreen
Anonymous said…
I would have to say being crazy with all your friends making snowangels and all of the stuff like that. Gotta love the snow down the shirt and getting thrown in piles of snow.
Anonymous said…
Hey Cort, I just found this place.

I miss camp so much! That picture made me wish I were out there.

Anyways, Dale can't break through ice and sink the tractor in summer...
Anonymous said…
You cannot really have snowball fights during the summer because then rocks tend to come into play and it's just not on my top 10 list to get hit in the head with a rock.

And in winter you cannot go swimming very well...I suppose you can...I have...but it is very cold and is a recipe for hypothermia.

Summer and winter both are good. But summer moreso cuz I am at camp longer then.

Elisa
p-dot-s-Psalm 54:4
Anonymous said…
Well, let's see... in winter you don't get sunburn from only wearing +4 sunscreen while tanning, you don't get eaten alive by mosquitoes during campfires, and don't get stuck playing drip-drip-drop right after you finish straightening your hair. You DO get to see the stars more often cuz it gets dark earlier, you get to wear all the cute mittens and fuzzy socks you've been saving since last year, you get to watch the snow fly up under the horses' hooves when they come up in the morning, you get to decorate for christmas, and you get to watch the snow fall outside your window, sip at your Hazelnut flavoured coffee, and tell someone ELSE to go outside and shovel!! Have an awesome day, Cort. I miss you guys!! -Sheena
Alexis Smith said…
well I'm not a fan of either as bad as it sounds. I love fall but you guys don't get fall in alberta! haha but I do like winter for one reason. SNOWBOARDING SEASON!! WHOOT WHOOT! And the last time I checked snowboarding would be alittle hard in the summer,(just look at the olympics) but you never know out here. haha anyways later everyone. Enjoy the few feet of snow!! brrrr the gives me chills...
-aLexis:)

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome