merry christmas!!!



or something like that. i guess it's not christmas yet - we don't even have snow yet. mind you, the skies are sure threatening to let loose. i love the excitement of Jesus' birth and all that - the carols, the food, etc... but there is a part of christmas that has always been hard for me and i'll tell you why. here's a little peak into c-bear's life...things that maybe you didn't know about the crazy and weird program director...

when i was in grade 5 my parents split up, they divorsed in grade 6, my mom got remarried when i was in grade 7 and my dad got remarried when i was in grade 8. four years of complete chaos for me. most special occasions or holidays got divied up between my family members. so my mom would get christmas and my dad would get us (my bro and sis) for new years. so we would always spend holidays and special days like thanksgiving at the alternate parents' house. it was always somebody else's "turn" to have us. so it was hard. it's tough sometimes when circumstances color those special days. i started to not see those days as "special"...they were a hassel or sad because i always missed the other parent. but God also blessed me a lot of people in my life who loved me and parents who were able to worked together to make sure my family got along and there were no fights.

i think the really really important thing to remember when stuff doesn't go right in your life is to remember that God is always watching over us and He loves us. while i was getting moved from parent's house to parent's house when those holidays were happening, God went with me. He reminded me what those days are really about and why we celebrate them.

so no matter whose house you celebrate christmas at - ALWAYS remember why we celebrate them and thank God for the people that you are able to celebrate the occasion with.

AND SOMETHING TO WATCH OUT FOR --> we've got special day coming up at Evergreen. It's called AN EVERGREEN CHRISTMAS. It's on Dec. 9, 2006. It starts at 1pm and goes until 7pm. There's no cost so please come with your families as there will be a hot dog roast, some sleigh rides (hoping that we have snow by then) and some great festivities. Why? Because it's our way of saying thanks to all the kids and their families for being a part of our family. SO KIDS: GET YOUR FAMILY OUT HERE. For more information go to our website or email me at program@camp-evergreen.com.

Stay strong in His grip,
::: cort :::




Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey cort!
I can relate to your story and yea its hard...especially the moving part...anyways, time to talk happy now, the christmas thing sounds like a GREAT idea for everyone to get together! I hope you have fun with it. Sounds like its going to be awesome! well if you get snow, that is...but it will be great no matter what happens! with or without the snow.
Anonymous said…
hey courtney!
its cora.
i was just sending you a comment to see what you were up to.
if you get the chance, then you should email me!
jenni has my email.
talk to you soon, hopefully.
Camp Evergreen said…
hey cora,

i have tried to email you before but i must've had the wrong email. i'll totally get it from jenni and drop you a line. i hope that school is going well for you!

cort
Alexis Smith said…
I just thought I would say hi...im like addicted to this thing! haha well, hopefully I'll see everyone for the christmas thing if I can go. sounds like loads of fun and everyone sounds super excited! tehe
-aLexis:)
Anonymous said…
Sounds like fun in December. Count 5 of us in! Glad to hear all is well.

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here