LEAD on!

We could not have asked for better weather on our very first LEAD Retreat. We have been so excited about this new retreat...and a little nervous. It's a different direction for us. Combining junior senior high...campers ranging from 11 to 17 years old, workshops, and a little different feeling from just a pump up retreat. We really wanted to create a space for students to learn and get inspired to grow in their personal life, to step out and start living their faith.

We were excited to start getting numbers from youth groups. It turns out that this was one of the biggest Fall retreats ever. We even got word that there are youth groups wanting to come next year. It's a good thing we have 12 months to figure out where to put them. Have we mentioned that we need a new lodge? 

It was PERFECT weather all weekend. The Fall colours makes the camp look stunning.  As the sun sets - the bright yellow poplar trees look like they're on fire. We experienced a glimpse in what it would be like to try and get God's word into a closed country in Bible Smugglers and then we partied it up with an Ice Cream Extravaganza on Saturday night. I don't think a lot of people got sleep on Saturday night.











Grover Bradford, our speaker, talked about the changes that we need to start making in our lives. From the things that have been driving us to the things (like fear, shame, and failure) to not allowing our work to decide our rest. Man - Saturday evening's session got me. I consistently let my work inform my rest and as a result - I think I produce less fruit. I produce less fruit because my rest in Jesus comes when I have enough time - when I'm not exhausted. It was like Grover was spelling out the season in my life right now.

We offered workshops on Saturday on how to engage with you Bible, discipleship, Worship through the Arts, and What's your #testimony. It was very cool to see the kids engaging in the different workshops.

We're very excited to see how this retreat grows and the direction God is going to take it as we strive to create a place where students and leaders are able to Learn, be Equipped, Aspire, and go and Do. Thank you to the volunteers, staff, youth, and leaders who made this weekend so amazing!!

Peace out,
.: jogee :.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter

welcome