ladies' retreat was amazing! (post #1)

Ladies' Retreat was amazing! Can I hear an amen?

From time spent singing our worship, soaking up the warm, fresh air outdoors, playing very loud games of Dutch Blitz, to time spent listening to the words he placed on Robin's heart and time spent in prayer, God moved among us at Camp Evergreen, this weekend! The image that remains in my mind is that there was joy bubbling over from all corners through out the weekend. I am so glad!

My mom (Leslie), sister (Kim), friend (Rebecca) and other friend (Colleen) led our worship through music, which was super! Nancy Christenson shared worship through music with us as well on Saturday afternoon. Our speaker, Robin Jones Gunn, was fantastic and amazing. God spoke through her in ways unexpected, wonderful, encouraging and challenging. Jesus's words in Matthew 11:28-30 were the theme that carried through Robin's talks:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

I'm not going to try to recreate anything Robin said, but I do want to share a couple (very little) snapshots of what we talked about this weekend:
  • Come out of hiding and follow Christ! Focus on Jesus (see John 21).
  • The crucifixion, what our Saviour did for us!, is for all our sin. So, shame off you! Grace on you!
  • Forgiveness is essential to living freely and lightly. When there is a lack of forgiveness in our lives, it creates a block in our hearts that gets in the way of living in the unforced rhythm of grace.
  • Start each day with an attitude of gratitude. ("God, thank YOU, for ...)
  • When we're in a fog and don't know what to do: just stop. Ask, "am I making this decision out of fear? Obligation? Guilt?"


Stay tuned ... more photos to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter

...we needed to take a breather...