Talking Tuesday - Kim Guenter

   

Hey there,

The rain has finally decided to fall out here at Camp and when you mix that with the current construction, we have A LOT of mud. I'm pretty sure that if I went out to certain spots, the mud would go halfway up to my knees... BUT Praise the Lord: The rain means our fields will be turning green and be ready for our horses and the construction means our septic system is being updated! 

Today, we're continuing our Talking Tuesday Series when we take some time to introduce you to the people that keep Camp running all year long. So, grab your hot beverage of choice, take a seat, and get to know Board Member, Kim Guenter:

How long have you worked at/been connected camp? 

My first summer was 2006... so 15 years this summer. Mostly I’ve worked in the barn, or ran the old trails away out trip, and WTP program, or have supported the girls with the horse program throughout the years. But I have also been the camp nurse a few times and even a cabin leader once. 

How long have you been in your current position? 

I started on the board June 2019

What do you outside of Camp? 

I am a registered nurse. I work in a rural hospital doing acute care, LDR and Emergency. 

What is your favourite thing about Camp ministry? 

The community. Over the years I have connected with so many people from all over and made some great friends. Friends that I have been able to connect with and grow in my relationship with Jesus with, which is really special. 

Why is Camp Ministry important to you? 

The ministry at camp is important to me because my family does not believe in Jesus and I found God at camp one summer. Camp ministry introduced me to the love of God that I never knew before and I want all campers to meet God in their own way at camp and grown in their faith. 

How have you seen the Lord work at Camp throughout Covid-19? 

I have seen him provide and inspire. I have seen camp adapt in ways that I don’t think we imagined before, and grown and explore new areas. I’ll admit it has been a wild ride, but the theme I continue to see is that he is with us and wants to work through the pandemic with us, in whatever creative way that looks like. 

What is one thing you would want to tell any future camp staff? 

Be ready to move and play and connect. Be open to new things, and also be open to sharing your talents. Make friends and explore Gods word and his creation, and have fun! 


Thanks Kim!

Be sure to check out what we've got going on at Camp by visiting www.camp-evergreen.com
/events-and-retreats. Our Tough Camper fundraiser is back this year and happening on June 12th - be sure to register soon!

That's all for me today! If there is any way we can be praying for you, please don't hesitate to reach out with an email to guestservices@camp-evergreen.com and our permanent staff team will be more than happy to be praying for you.

Blessings,


Sarah 'Doodle' Deschatelets
Hospitality Director
Camp Evergreen
403-638-4230
guestservices@camp-evergreen.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter