We Are Explorers!


What an awesome week! Explorers are our new adventurers of the summer. They're so much fun to play games with - ultra enthusiastic and willing to try new things at every corner. They LOVE Willsonball (the moment a meal is done, there is atleast two cabins in the Willson Pit playing) and getting out on the activities.


Mike and Joy share a lot of fun stories with us and if Testimony Sticks on Thursday was any evidence - these Explorers are going home with so much knowledge! They shared stories about a man named Saul, who did bad things but then turned to God, was forgiven, and then helped write part of the Bible and bring many more people to Jesus. They learned that God shines brighter than anything else in the world, that He created the universe, and that we, too, can be a light that shines for Jesus.

Here are some of the other things our campers learned about God this week:
  • I learned to shine light for God.
  • I learned that God loves everyone and that we can be children of the light.
  • I learned that God is true and that He loves everyone.
  • God loves us even if we do the most horrible thing in the world.
  • I learned that I don't have to be afraid.
  • I learned that the Bible is so interesting. I also learned that God always forgives and that Saul became a good person.
  • I learned that God never ends.
  • I learned that Jesus died on a cross for our sins.
  • I learned never to doubt myself and I learned more about Jesus.
  • I learned that God shines brighter than anything.

Doesn't that just give you chills? SO GOOD! We love these little campers so much. We hope to see them next year!

Here is the URL for the video for the week. It will be posted by Sunday: https://vimeopro.com/campevergreen/2017-explorers

Explorers Set List:
  • We Are - Kari Jobe
  • Jesus Loves Me - Cornerstone Kids Worship
  • Every Move I Make - Hillsong Kids Worship
  • Pharoah Pharoah - Toby Sbrana
  • Happy Day - Tim Hughes
Family Camp starts TOMORROW! It's going to be awesome. Stay tuned for an extra blog post about the craziness that is Family Camp on Monday!

Jogee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here