He is Covering My Six

A break from our regular posting - we wanted to share one of our staff member's story with you.  

 Picture this, you are standing in the centre of a clock facing the direction of twelve O'clock, six O'clock is directly behind you. You are now unable to move in any direction and are left with using your peripheral vision to see around you, making your line of sight limited.  Your six o'clock or back, is completely vulnerable. Now place yourself in the middle of a battle field, are you worried yet? Don't be, because you have a partner who is "covering you six". That partner can see what you can't and is focused on your welfare. "He is covering my six" has been a motto of mine for a number of years. God has demonstrated many times how He is always covering my back, and these past few months have been no different. Let me give you a glimpse of what I mean.
    At the end of April I made a big move from Okotoks to Vancouver in order to attend a Fashion Design school in the heart of downtown. The time I spent there was hard and not what I expected. Through lots of prayer and seeking advice from others I decided to move back home. I had no plans for how life would go when I would return, which was a little scary because I like having plans and being able to prepare for situations in advance. A few days before I was scheduled to fly home, my brother in-law took me out for coffee. Both my brother in-law, Russell and my sister were very instrumental in my decisions during those weeks, and I am extremely grateful for their grounded and Godly advice.  During that coffee date, Russell stated in passing " have you ever thought about working at a camp?". "No", I replied, thinking that was a bit of a crazy and random comment. Well within the next few hours I was filling out an application to work at Camp Evergreen.
    It's absolutely amazing how God showers us with blessings when we are so undeserving. These past two months at Camp Evergreen have been nothing less than a massive blessing. God was covering my six once again, He knew where I needed to be and what I need to grow and thrive. The friends I have made here are amazing individuals and I am so excited to be able to continue to grow those relationships. The tasks I have been assigned have pushed me out of my comfort zone and have taught me so much. From hosting groups and public speaking (eeeeekkk!) to leading Nature Studies and learning facts to add to the lesson. It has been an amazing experience. I can not wait to see what the summer holds, I know there will be new challenges and things to learn and people to meet and I am so excited!
    I encourage you to take some time to focus on when God has "covered your six". I also hope that you will keep Camp Evergreen staff, campers, and our mission in your prayers this summer.  What a truly magnificent God we have and I am so honoured to have the opportunity to share that with campers this summer.


God Bless,
Emily Meckelburg (I'm the one on the far right)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here