Big Gifts

In the last week I have been struck by something I want to call wild blessings of simple gifts. I'm calling them wild because they've just really encouraged me in what we do here at camp and in all honesty...it sounded good in my head. :)

PC: Tammy Hanratty
I'm going to tell about the two examples of these blessings and how regular people have decided to bless camp out of their own means.

The first one was from a parent who called in to pay for their child's camp last week. As I wrapped up the details to do the payment - the parent stopped me and said that it wasn't just her child's camp that they wanted to submit payment for. The parent took a moment to explain that for the last couple of years they have had to apply for our Campership Aid Program so that their daughter could come to camp. They talked about how it was a Godsend that they were able to still send their child to camp even though the finances weren't available at the time. The parent said that their financial situation had changed and they wanted to give back. At this point the parent asked to be charged an extra camp fee so that some other family could receive the gift of Campership Aid like they had.

It is so special when we hear about how lives are impacted and transformed by experiences at camp. It's a privilege to be part of that. In 2017 - we subsidized $26,000 of camp fees for families who could otherwise not afford to send their kids to camp. Each spring we run a series of Pancake Breakfasts (Hotcakes for Campers) in Beaumont, Linden, Calgary, and Lethbridge to raise money for our Campership Aid Program. It's has been a big reason why a lot of campers are able to attend camps. Consider attending one of our Pancake Breakfasts  or maybe hosting one of your own.

My other "Wild Blessings of Simple Gifts" came just the other day. I received a message from a lady who runs a business selling home decor and fashion through Thirty-One. Her two daughters attended camp last year and are ready to come back this summer. She messaged me with a simple - "Hey! I'd like to run a fundraiser for camp through my business". I am just so encouraged by how people find ways to support what we do at camp.

So if you're interested in participating in Shauna's fundraiser - here's her information:

Facebook
Facebook Event Fundraiser (for Evergreen)
Webpage

There are so many people that do seeminly "little" things that are wild blessings to us. This is just a thank you to everyone who has given time, money, acts of kindness, and more to See Lives Transformed by the Power of Jesus.

.: Jogee :.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

summer is here