ignite 2, august 10-15

Ignite 2, our second junior high-aged camp for the summer, ran from August 10-15. (I write that and think, "I need to come up with snappier introductory sentences ... did I learn nothing in university?")

Travis Padgham, our speaker, was my youth pastor so I definitely had many flashbacks to grade ten. Good times. Travis talked about a bunch of stuff over the course of the week, including the armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) and David and Goliath. To demonstrate just how gigantic Goliath probably was, our kind, hardworking Assistant Maintenance man Colter (he's 6'7" in his bare feet), bravely clomped around the Activity Centre on a pair of drywalling stilts ... which made him 9'1"! It was craziness!

Here are some of the sweet things that campers shared at fireside on Friday night:
  • "I learned that even at the times when I feel alone, I'm not because God is with me."
  • "So what I'm thinking is that I have some pieces of armour already and I want to have more, to be a better Christian and to just keep on learning."
  • "I learned you can tell God anything and no matter what he'll listen and he'll guide you through."
  • "I learned that no matter what people say about me and what I look like, I'm always loved by God and I'm not a mistake."
  • "My decision is to let him have full control of my life from now on."
  • "I learned that even if you made really big mistakes, God still loves you."
  • "I learned that God still works miracles."
  • "I have learned not to be afraid because God is in control."
  • "I learned that God is like a best friend, so basically, you can tell him anything."

Chapel







Games and Activities
(Jug ' n Jog, Leap of Faith, Costumes, etc.)








Comments

Anonymous said…
oh my gosh camp this summer was soooooooooooooo fun i cant wait till next year. I had the best councillors ever!!! [Reilly and Sarah] CABIN 9 rocks
Anonymous said…
oh my gosh i had the time at camp it was soooooo fun and to top it all off i had the best councillors ever [Reilly and Sarah}

Cant wait till next year!!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter

...we needed to take a breather...