...And time MARCHes on...

Hey Everyone, Stevyn here!

Once again, things around camp are changing. One of the things we are most excited for is our new challenge course. It's in the process of being built as I am writing, and will be ready by the summer for all of you to use!!

As the title indicates, spring is indeed upon us which means many things - warmer weather, busier schedules, and the sighting of animals like deer, squirrels and birds.



Another exciting part of spring at camp evergreen is the birth of foals. Although we don't
have any yet, we are looking forward to the arrival of three babies in the near future!

Sunny, one of the mares expecting a foal.

Daisey, Julia's mare, is also going to have a foal soon.

Ruby, our third mare expected to foal out soon.

We're also getting excited as we look forward to, and have begun to plan for the summer. Things are already starting to buzz around here with excitement and anticipation of the week you will be here!! Spring staff will be arriving near the end of April to help us really jump full on into the rush of summer.

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about God and how much He loves me, and why... I mean, I'm nothing special... Just one of about six billion people on the planet... What makes me so different, and special, and loved? Well, for one thing, I'm His kid! I accepted Christ into my life at the age of about three. I didn't really understand all of what that major decision in my life meant, but over the years, I've learned more and more about what a relationship with God really is, and the more I learn, the more it TOTALLY BLOWS ME AWAY!! I mean, if I had been the ONE AND ONLY person on the earth, Jesus STILL would have come, and would have lived His life on earth, and died to save ONLY ME! How totally awesome is that?! God is SO good!

Another thing God's been reminding me and teaching me about is loving everyone... Unconditionally! Sounds simple, and most of the time, it's not too difficult to do... I mean, there's not too many people in my life that irritate me, and let's face it, I know I'm not always the easiest person to get along with either... It's amazing to think that NO MATTER WHAT people say about me, or think about me, or do to me, I'm loved and I'm beautiful to God.

Hey, did you know we are ALL made in God's image? It's true! The Bible says so! In Genesis 1:27 it says "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them." So here's some food for thought... Next time you make fun of your brother or sister, or a friend at school, or maybe even the school bully, remember... Each face you look at gives you just a little peak at what God is like.

Resting in His grace,
Stevyn
Jeremiah 17:5-8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Calm and Play Jug 'n' Jog

welcome

brrrrrr - c-bear hates winter